The SAP Extended Warehouse Management application addresses advanced warehouse management functions and processes.
It helps you achieve higher process and stock visibility, better warehouse planning, and more efficient distribution and storage processes.
Managing the logistics environment is now more challenging than ever, as supply chains are increasingly affected by market uncertainties caused by, among other things, fluctuating fuel prices and greater customer expectations.
Therefore, integrating end-to-end logistics and fulfillment operations is crucial to profitably managing the movement of inventory, to execute on the promise of the perfect order – the right product, in the right place, at the right time. Visibility across all nodes in the network is key to anticipating supply chain disruptions and facilitating the best way to respond in a proactive, timely and profitable manner across the global logistics network.
SAP® software allows companies of all sizes and industries to effectively and profitably plan, source, procure, store, transport and deliver products through an integrated, end-to-end logistics and fulfillment process on a single, unified platform.
Core to that mission and supply chain enablement is the SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) application. SAP EWM is an integral part of the SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM) application, addressing advanced warehouse management functions and processes. It supports:
- Higher process and stock visibility.
- Better planning of warehouse operations.
- Highly efficient operation of distribution and storage processes.
These capabilities, in turn, allow for flexible and adaptive planning and coordination, in addition to the execution of inbound and outbound processing, thereby integrating the process flow across the entire supply network. SAP EWM features address the unique requirements of fulfillment operations across all warehousing environments:
- Very fast and very slow moving items competing for the same warehouse space.
- Customer demand for order accuracy and the perfect order timing.
- Vast product differences – size, weight, model year, serial number, country of origin, batch and valuation.
- Complex cross-docking and order fulfillment processes.
- Integration of third-party logistics services for packaging (inbound) and packing (outbound) of products.
- Detailed packaging and shipping logistics by supporting master bill of lading and a variety of packing options.
- Control of work processes inside and outside the warehouse, such as bundling, waves, spreading, resource management, work order, kitting, labeling, outside dock and yard management.
- Third-party logistics and outsourcing support for consolidators and carriers using portal capabilities.
Additional warehouse management features support work processes that earlier were supported only by non-integrated, niche solutions. The distribution techniques are aimed at dramatically improving service levels while reducing capital investments in inventories.
EntryPoint and SAP offers you complete, proven business solutions with built-in support for industry best practices that can be adapted to meet your unique and changing business needs – at a predictable cost of ownership.
As a certified SAP Channel Partner, EntryPoint is an authorized reseller and implementation partner for SAP solutions, and we provide a complete business solution that covers the full spectrum of services to ensure a successful implementation:
- Business Assessment
- Business Case Development
- SAP Software Licensing
- Implementation Services
- Training and Documentation